- Chinese soup dish popular in Malaysia and Singapore
- Means stuffed bean curd-because it is tofu stuffed with meat or fish
- Can include vegetables such as bitter gourd which is stuffed with fish
- Other precooked items such as fish balls, crab sticks and cuttlefish are also included in the broth
- Can add noodles or rice vermicelli to your soup
Eating Yong Tau Foo is like eating a soup buffet. You select the food items you want in your soup, hand it to the chef and he cooks it for you.
It is healthy, delicious and reasonably priced. A good comfort food especially on cool rainy days in the tropics.
It is fairly easy to prepare especially if there is an Asian grocery store by you because most of the ingredients are precooked and frozen. So the only real preparation you would have to do is to make a broth which is quite easy. Here is an easy recipe.
What do you think of Yong Tao Foo? Does this sound like something you would make at home?